Skip to content

Adult social care complaints procedure

What do I do if I’m unhappy?

If you are unhappy with the service you have received from our Adult Social Care Services, you can make a complaint or raise your concerns. Doing this will not affect your current or future care. Your complaint will be treated confidentially and sensitively and we will respond as soon as possible.

  1. Many problems can be resolved quickly and easily by talking to the member of staff involved with your care. Tell them what is worrying you and they will try to find a solution or tell you the best person to speak to
  2. If you don’t feel comfortable doing this, ask to speak to the manager of the service
  3. Alternatively, contact the Customer Relations Team with details of your concerns. We may be able to help resolve your concerns informally, and if not we can tell you more about how to make a complaint and how to access advocacy services

If you need help making a complaint or would like an advocate to support you please see our information about advocacy services in Devon. Alternatively, you can contact your local Age UK or Citizens Advice Bureau for help.

To contact the Customer Relations Team:

Phone: 0800 212783
Fax: 01392 382577
Write to: Freepost DCC Customer Relations
This is the full address and no stamp is needed.