Feedback and complaints
You are right at the heart of everything we do and we welcome your feedback. This helps us to improve our services and to make sure we treat everyone fairly. Sometimes things do go wrong. If this happens we need you to tell us so that we can try and put it right and stop it happening to others.
We also want to know when our staff have done a good job or exceeded expectations when delivering a service. Compliments will be passed to the relevant manager who will ensure that the team or staff member receives acknowledgement and recognition.
To provide feedback or make a complaint, please contact:
Customer Relations Team
Room 120, County Hall
There are a number of other ways you can provide feedback:
- In person at any reception point or to any member of staff.
- By contacting our Customer Service Centre.
- To a member of staff who provided the service to you or their manager.
- Through your local county councillor.
- Ask a friend or relative to contact us on your behalf.
- If you wish to report a fault, such as a pothole or a faulty streetlight try our online fault reporting service.
If you wish to complain about the conduct of a councillor see making a complaint about a Devon County Councillor.
If you wish to make a complaint about a school, please read our guide to school complaints.
If you wish to make a complaint about a highways-related problem please see our highways complaints page.
Adult social care
Give us feedback about adult social care services and get more information about our procedures.
Children’s social care
Give us feedback about children’s social care services and get more information about our procedures.
Devon County Council asks that all its customers refrain from unacceptable behaviour when in contact with us or receiving services from us. Further information can be viewed on our customer notice.