If you do not speak English, ask for an interpreter. We can access a telephone interpreter.
British Sign Language users can contact us using an online interpreter who will relay your conversation with an appropriate member of Devon County Council staff, and then sign back to you their response to your questions.
There are a variety of ways you can contact Devon County Council’s Adult Social Care teams.
Individuals and carers receiving or giving an update
If you know the name of the worker involved in your support, please call 01392 383000 and say their name. If you do not have an allocated worker, please contact Adult Social Care on 0345 155 1007. Phone lines are available Monday to Thursday 9.00 am to 5.00 pm, Friday 9.00 am to 4:30 pm and Saturday 9.00 am to 5.00 pm.
Individuals and carers new to adult social care
Why not try our self-help tool?
By answering some quick questions about your current situation, the self-help tool will direct you towards information, advice and services that could help you to live independently and improve your life, completion of the self-help tool will determine if you need a self-assessment to get further support from adult social care teams.
If the self-help tool is not what you need and you’d like to speak to someone please contact Adult Social Care on 0345 155 1007 (Monday to Thursday 9.00 am to 5.00 pm, Friday 9.00 am to 4:30 pm and Saturday 9.00 am to 5.00 pm.) – you will be presented with a number of options:
- Your first option will be to select your local team based on where you live (see below as a guide).
- Your second set of options will guide you to the relevant social care team.
Other contact details for Devon County Council
If you live in the following areas please select the Care Direct Plus Northern team
- Bideford or Northam
- Great Torrington
- Lynton or Lynmouth
- South Molton
If you live in the following areas please select the Care Direct Plus Eastern team
- Ottery St Mary
If you live in the following areas please select the Care Direct Plus Southern team
- Ashburton or Buckfastleigh
- Newton Abbot
Paying for care – Client Financial Services
- By email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- By phone on 01392 384391 – phone lines are open 9 am to 1 pm Monday to Friday (excluding bank holidays).
- Or call 01392 383000 – and say “Client Financial Services” or “Charging for Care”
Emergency Duty Team (Adult Social Care)
- Provision of emergency social care and advice for clients urgently in need out of office hours (not including Torbay and Plymouth). Part of Devon County Council.
- A generic emergency service responding to social care (both adults and children) that cannot be safely left until the next day.
- 0345 600 0388
Deprivation of Liberty Safeguards Team
If you want to refer someone for a social care assessment contact Care Direct on 0345 155 1007