Skip to content

Paying for residential and nursing care

If you have had a social care needs assessment and are eligible for care and support services, we will discuss how your needs can best be met.

This could be through care and support in a care home setting, such as:

  • a residential home which provides social care and support
  • a nursing home which provides health care, and social care and support

Most people have to pay their care costs depending on the outcome of a financial assessment. This is a fair assessment of your financial circumstances.

Devon County Council’s Client Financial Services Team are responsible for working out how much you will have to pay. They will also send you a bill for your assessed contribution, and deal with any issues resulting from non-payment of the account.