British Sign Language users can contact us through a sign language interpreter who will relay your conversation with an appropriate member of Devon County Council staff, and then sign back to you their response to your questions.
This service is provided by InterpretersLive!, supplied by Sign Solutions.
Video service availability
The sign language video service hours are 08.00 to 24:00, 7 days a week. If an interpreter is not immediately available, you can hold or retry later.
Please note the normal opening hours of Devon County Council and the availability of who you are trying to contact. The main Customer Service Centre is open Monday to Friday 8am to 8pm and Saturdays 9am to 1pm.
The service is compatible with the following browsers:
- Google Chrome version 46 and later.
- Firefox version 45 and later.
- Opera version 39 and later.
- If you are using Safari 9 or Internet Explorer 11, when prompted please download the plugin. You will only need to do this once; next time you will be taken straight to the call button.
If you are having difficulties connecting to the InterpretersLive! Service try watching the troubleshooting guide (video transcript available). Alternatively, contact Sign Solutions for further help or to provide feedback on the service.
Sign Solutions, the providers of InterpretersLive!, are certified ISO 27001 and ISO 9001. All data is processed and held securely. As a certified organisation Sign Solutions are committed to continuous improvement and are externally assessed annually, to ensure progress is maintained.
Complaints and feedback
The InterpretersLive! Service is supplied to Devon County Council by Sign Solutions. Sign Solutions welcomes and encourages feedback and comment on their services.
Informal complaint or comment
Contact Sign Solutions through your preferred method of communication and ask for the person who dealt with your assignment.
If complaint not resolved to the satisfaction of all parties, it will be referred to the Agency Manager.
If you wish to make a formal complaint, for example, anything other than a comment, the following procedure must be followed:
- The complaint must be in writing or by video letter and should clearly state what went wrong and what you feel we could do to put things right. Send this to the Agency Manager.
- The Manager will then assign a reference ID to your complaint, please quote this when asking for an update on progress.
- The Manager will then investigate and keep all parties informed of the progress to resolve the complaint.
- The Manager will offer a solution to resolve the complaint.
- If you are not satisfied with the response you receive, you may refer the matter to the CEO or Managing Director.
- If it has not been possible to resolve this situation amicably, you should consider your next options as detailed below.
If a serious complaint concerning an interpreter remains unresolved, then you can take this to the registration body:
Sign Solutions will abide by the decision of the appropriate panel, subject to any necessary appeals procedures.