British Sign Language users can contact us through a sign language interpreter who will relay your conversation with an appropriate member of Devon County Council staff, and then sign back to you their response to your questions.
If you are using an iOS or Android device we recommend that you download the app. A BSL video guide to downloading the app is available below. You can also use the service using your PC or laptop.
This service is provided by InterpretersLive!, supplied by Sign Solutions.
Video service availability
InterpretersLive! is powered by StarLeaf and the service is available on-demand 7 days a week between 8:00 am and midnight. You can also pre-book BSL video interpreters and other types of remote communication support for any time and anywhere via any video platform. Connect to the service now.
Please note the normal opening hours of Devon County Council and the availability of those you are trying to contact. The main Customer Service Centre is open Monday to Friday 8 am to 8 pm and Saturdays 9 am to 1 pm.
If you are having difficulties connecting to the InterpretersLive! service, you can read their user guide or take a look at some frequently asked questions. Alternatively, contact Sign Solutions for further help or to provide feedback on the service.
Sign Solutions, the providers of InterpretersLive!, are certified ISO 27001 and ISO 9001. All data is processed and held securely. As a certified organisation Sign Solutions are committed to continuous improvement and are externally assessed annually, to ensure progress is maintained.
Complaints and feedback
The InterpretersLive! Service is supplied to Devon County Council by Sign Solutions. Sign Solutions welcomes and encourages feedback and comment on their services.
Informal complaint or comment
Contact Sign Solutions through your preferred method of communication and ask for the person who dealt with your assignment.
If the complaint is not resolved to the satisfaction of all parties, it will be referred to the Agency Manager.
If you wish to make a formal complaint, for example, anything other than a comment, the following procedure must be followed:
- The complaint must be in writing or by video letter and should clearly state what went wrong and what you feel we could do to put things right. Send this to the Agency Manager.
- The Manager will then assign a reference ID to your complaint, please quote this when asking for an update on progress.
- The Manager will then investigate and keep all parties informed of the progress to resolve the complaint.
- The Manager will offer a solution to resolve the complaint.
- If you are not satisfied with the response you receive, you may refer the matter to the CEO or Managing Director.
- If it has not been possible to resolve this situation amicably, you should consider your next options as detailed below.
If a serious complaint concerning an interpreter remains unresolved, then you can take this to the registration body:
Sign Solutions will abide by the decision of the appropriate panel, subject to any necessary appeals procedures.