Exwick Villas proposals
Parking and speed limit exhibition
The council has received numerous contacts regarding the problems caused by the parking on Exwick Road, by Exwick Villas.
Following discussions with the local County Councillor, the council is proposing two possible options to manage this parking.
- No waiting at any time outside 1 to 28 Exwick Villas leaving 3 parking spaces next to the nursery
- Limited waiting Mon-Fri 9am-5pm 2 hours no return within 4 hours outside 213 to create 1 no 2 hour daytime parking spaces
- No Waiting Mon-Fri 9am-5pm outside 215 to 227 with ‘no waiting at any time’ across the driveways to create 7 overnight parking spaces
- No waiting at any time outside 1 to 28 Exwick Villas leaving 3 spaces next to the nursery
- Limited waiting Mon-Fri 9am-5pm 2 hours no return within 4 hours outside 213 to 227 with ‘no waiting at any time’ across the driveways to create 8 no 2 hour daytime spaces
As both options remove parking it is expected that speeds will increase. It is for this reason that it is proposed to increase the speed limit on Exwick Road to 30mph.
However, in recognition of the recent changes on Station Road (upgraded pedestrian crossing and new road hump) it is proposed to make the road a 20mph zone.
This consultation is to seek your views on the proposals before a decision is made on which restrictions are included in the statutory (legal) consultation.
Paper copies of the proposals are available to view at County Hall which will be open during normal office hours until 24 December.
Comments needed to be submitted by 3 January 2020.
What happens next?
All comments from this consultation will be considered and a decision will be made on the proposals to take forward to the statutory consultation.
The statutory consultation will be advertised on the streets affected and anyone can comment on the proposals. These comments will then be considered before a final decision is made.