Skip to content

Make a request

As we are responsible for public roads, verges and some public spaces we need to give permission for some activities which take place on the highway. If your application is approved, we will issue a licence or permit.

Please see our latest fees and charges here.

You’ll find our most popular requests highlighted below, with the remaining options following in alphabetical order.


highway maintenance
Apply for a licence to carry out apparatus and excavation work on the highway.
temporary traffic restrictions
Apply for a temporary traffic regulation order or temporary traffic regulation notice.
Store materials on the road
Apply for a licence to carry out minor work.
dropped kerb
Apply for a licence to create or extend a dropped kerb.
blue badge parking
Apply for a disabled parking bay.
Apply for a licence to erect scaffolding, hoarding or other structures.

If you can’t find what you’re looking for please take a look at our help and support page where we’ve brought together the answers to our most commonly asked questions.