We carry out regular highway safety inspections on roads, footways and cycleways.
Our Highway Safety Policy details how defects, that may create a danger or serious inconvenience to highway users, are dealt with through a risk-based approach.
A highway safety Inspection:
- identifies defects that are likely to create a danger or serious inconvenience to highway users or the wider community
- determines the degree and timing of repairs
- provides condition data of the network to the Asset Management Team assisting in the management of the highway network and future maintenance programmes
- meets the statutory obligation of Devon County Council to maintain the highway in a safe condition
- provides a defence against highway claims
The inspection frequency of our roads can be viewed on our map.