We would like to reassure you that we are closely monitoring the situation and working with the government and NHS.
For guidance on coronavirus and the latest information for Devon, visit Devon County Council’s coronavirus (COVID-19) advice pages.
The voice and experience of children and young people with SEND, and their families are integral to make sure we meet their needs. These resources can help your organisation capture the voice and experience of children, young people and their families. If you have a resource that works for you, please send it in and we will add it to this page.
|Owner||Resource||Why is it useful?|
|What is advocacy? What is engagement? What is participation? Find out in this handy guide.|
|These forms can help you capture the view of children, young people and families during the Education, Health and Care Plan process.|
|Use these national resources to self-assess participation in your organisation and decide what you need to do to develop it.|
|Member and non-member resources from the Learn to Live Federation (Bidwell Brook and Ellen Tinkham schools). Membership is quick and free.|
|This resource is to support early years settings and local authorities to evidence and plan listening to young children and enabling young children’s participation in children’s services.|
- Living Options – Engagement Toolkit (developed with and for people with learning disabilities)
- Ready Steady Go – a set of tools to help young people move from children’s to adults’ services
- Children and Young People’s Commissioner – Scotland: 7 Golden Rules for Participation
- How to promote inclusion between disabled and non-disabled children – Participation Works Partnership
- Parent Inclusion Ambassador – a co-produced initiative between a parent and an Exeter primary school to encourage parent engagement
- Devon’s Education Inclusion Service
More coming soon…