If you are a Special Educational Needs Co-ordinator, (SENDCo) then you are in the right place.
We know how challenging the SENDCo role is and how precious your time is. We value our SENDCos and want you to benefit from the support we can offer you. We aim to make sure all information is useful, relevant and up-to-date. We support SENDCos in the strategic work happening in schools and signpost SENDCos in the right direction for more information where needed.
Our Strategic Lead for SEND and Inclusion is Jeanette Savage. The SEND Adviser is Hannah Chamings.
SEN advisers have an extensive range of experience in the field of SEND, school improvement, school leadership and provide bespoke support, advice and development to schools, colleges, SEND organisations, employers and training providers. We work with headteachers, SENDCos, other SLT members and governors.
SEND strategic support will assist school improvement through:
- improving outcomes and closing the gap for pupils with SEND
- supporting the improvement of high-quality inclusive teaching and learning
- supporting pupil outcomes through rigorous analysis of provision and pupil progress
- SENDCo development and support
- quality assuring school self-evaluation