Can I journal to and from CAPSCH?

You can only journal contributions to capital (Debit R001 and credit C992). Any other journals involving capital will need to be requested using the school finance enquiries form and a full explanation given.

For instance, you have a capital project that will spend more than the available allocation and there as an item correctly charged to CAPSCH – C602 (furniture & fittings short life) then this has to be paid for from revenue. This can be done, but you would always need to debit ledger code R001 on revenue and always credit C992 on capital (contribution from SBS).

Items initially charged to SBS that you feel should come out of the capital budget can be transferred so long as sufficient detail is provided and that the item is something that can be recognised as typical capital expenditure.

A typical example would be: item initially charged to SBS for £2,000, G120 – 2702 (grounds mtce grass cutters) required to be on CAPSCH – C635 (motorised plant & equipment).

Credit – G120 – G2702 £2,000

Debit – CAPSCH – C635 £2,000

Try to correctly identify capital spend at source and code it correctly. If it is genuine capital, code it as such and if necessary move money to fund it.