As Soon as Possible, Review Outstanding Cheques

If any cheques recorded in FMS are more than six months old and have not been presented, they will need to be cancelled. Replacement cheques may need to be issued or a creditor accrued. For other cheques that were issued more than (say) four months ago it may be appropriate to contact the suppliers to encourage them to cash the cheques. Write back any cheques before 31 March.