We would like to reassure you that we are closely monitoring the situation and working with the government and NHS.
For guidance on coronavirus and the latest information for Devon, visit Devon County Council’s coronavirus (COVID-19) advice pages.
Additional checklist – federations
For federations submitting one file to COLLECT for two or more schools.
Use this check list to tick off each of the tasks once they have been completed.
Are all your staff details up to date and correct?
Have you updated staff records for the annual increase in base pay (if agreed within your school)?
Run your census in Sims and clear all errors and any queries that can be resolved.
See our guide for further information on our webpage.
Export the following detailed reports to an excel spreadsheet and indicate which records should be returned against each school in the federation:
- Workforce member contract/service agreement details
- Workforce member allowance details
You can add columns to the spreadsheet for each school in your federation and indicate with a ‘’ or ‘yes’ which records should be recorded against each school. Or you could add one column and enter the school name or DfE code relevant to the contract.
Where members of staff have a contract where hours are split across the schools, please specify the proportion of hours per week to be allocated against each school. This proportional split will also be applied to the payment details.
Once your headteacher is satisfied that the information in the census is correct.
Authorise the return in SIMS and upload it to COLLECT (see below).
Upload and submit your return in COLLECT via the DfE Sign in webpage.
Email the following to the Education Information Team at email@example.com:
- 2 spreadsheets indicating which records need to be returned against each school (contracts and allowances spreadsheets).
- name of the Executive Headteacher and which school should hold this contract (DfE advise only one school should have an Executive Headteacher).
- Occasional (supply) teachers indicating numbers to be allocated against each school.
- Teacher Vacancies indicating numbers to be allocated against each school.
Once you have uploaded your return to COLLECT the Education Information Team (EDIT) will email the Return Credibility Check and other COLLECT reports to you for your attention:
- If there are numerous amendments required, you will need to make the changes in sims and upload another file to COLLECT. EDIT will not work on creating separate files for each school until an updated single file has been received.
- If there are only a few amendments required you can email us at firstname.lastname@example.org with the necessary changes and authorise us to update your file in COLLECT for you.
Once you have provided your feedback on the COLLECT reports, EDIT will then:
- create separate files in COLLECT for each school.
- amend staff records as indicated in the spreadsheets uploaded by the school.
- amend Occasional Teachers and Teacher Vacancies as instructed.
- amend any other data as requested, e.g. due to suspended contracts.
Once this has been completed, the Education Information Team will email data checking reports to you for each school in the Federation. This will list any queries that have been identified and need investigating by yourselves. Could you please prioritise these emails to avoid delays in approving your return for the Department for Education.