We would like to reassure you that we are closely monitoring the situation and working with the government and NHS.
For guidance on coronavirus and the latest information for Devon, visit Devon County Council’s coronavirus (COVID-19) advice pages.
All operational HR/personnel services provided by the County Council are now part of HR ONE, our traded Human Resources service.
Certain support to maintained schools, including the provision of HR-related policies is funded centrally. However, where additional information, advice and guidance is required which is not centrally funded, or where the school is an academy school, it will be necessary to subscribe to HR ONE to access this support. The contact for doing so is either via 01392 385555 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
The HR policy and guidance documents for schools are located in the HR Policy and Guidance Library. Access to the documents on this site is based on the level of service purchased from HR ONE.
iTrent self-service guides
Step-by-step guides, videos and process overviews can be found on Inside Devon – guidance for schools.
- Coronavirus (COVID-19) policy and guidance for schools
- Schools Pandemic HR Policy
- School workforce guidance for managers
- Absence recording and pay on iTrent – guidance for schools
- Absence reporting – flowchart
- Risk assessment for all staff including vulnerable groups
- Coronavirus frequently asked questions
- Staff Testing and NHS Test and Trace process
- Managers’ Guide to Supporting Black, Asian, Minority Ethnic (BAME) Colleagues
- Health and wellbeing newsletter special: autumn 2020
- Health and wellbeing newsletter special: summer 2020
- Managing sickness absence
All absences must be recorded through iTrent. They can be entered either by an employee, to be approved by a manager, or by a manager. The guidance can be found below:
Further guidance for managers
More information on sickness absence policy and procedure can be found within the HR SharePoint site for schools.