Schools will have recently received funding relating to the Contain Outbreak Management Fund (COMF). Further information regarding the funding can be found below.
The COMF funds will support
- Preventative measures including PPE/Cleaning/Signage
- Support for increasing costs of heating and/or enhanced ventilation through the Autumn and Winter
- Additional staffing to support Outbreak Management including supporting staff illness or enhanced measures such as bubbling
- Additional staffing to support testing on site and to a lesser extent support vaccination and management of students through that process
- Additional security linked to anti vax campaigning
- Enhanced deep cleaning and fogging
- 1:1 support for hard to reach children and young people.
Funds will be released to schools through normal routes depending on Governance. The funding supports the wider government guidance on managing outbreaks and the need to deliver face to face learning.
DCC Communication 15th October: Devon agrees extra £8.5m package of support to help county deal with Covid-19 over Winter – News
GOV.UK Publication, which provides further information on how the grant can be used, is linked here:Contain Outbreak Management Fund: 2021 to 2022 – GOV.UK (www.gov.uk)
The Department of Health & Social Care provide an email address for any questions relating to COMF: Covid-19LAfundingrequests@dhsc.gov.uk.