Play Streets (Initial Exeter Pilot)
Play Streets allow residents to come together to temporarily close a street to traffic giving children the chance to use it for play. They are a great way to get children outdoors and active but also a fantastic way for everyone to make new friends in the local community.
You can apply to close your street as often as once a month for up to three hours.
There is lots of great advice and help available on how to set up a Play Street on the Playing Out website and support from Exeter City Council may be available to cover the cost of signs and necessary equipment.
Organising a Play Street
- Please note the initial pilot is in Exeter City only
- Read the How to Guide and visit the Playing Out website to find out what running a Play Street involves
- Complete the Play Streets e-learning module – it will only take 10 minutes
- Complete the Play Streets application form and send it back to firstname.lastname@example.org
- We will be in touch to discuss your application and next steps
You may find the following resources helpful when organising your Play Street sessions:
• Neighbour consultation letter template
• Signatures of support table
• Risk assessment template
Any questions relating to Play Streets should be sent to email@example.com