Skip to content

Make a request

Banners (over the highway) and decorations

Please note that Devon County Council is not able to suggest suitable locations.

We support communities in their desire to improve local areas and as the highway authority and we consent to allow hanging baskets to be placed over a highway in a way that obstruction to the travelling public is not impeded.

Your community may want to put up banners or decorations such as bunting and festive lights over the highway to celebrate or advertise an event. You must notify us using the online form, once received we will contact you with approval or rejection.

Notify us using the online form

If you have a question regarding this process, or are not sure what form to complete please contact us.

Hanging baskets

When identifying a location, please bear in mind , that we do not allow poles to be placed in the verge or for items to be placed on roundabouts or on street furniture (for example, railings or bridges) belonging to Devon County Council. If you are able to find a suitable location, you will need to get permission (in writing) from the owner and also check with your local district or town council that they have no objection. We are not able to suggest locations.

If any items are considered to be unsafe, a nuisance, obstructive, you will be asked to remove the said item, in some cases they may be removed without notice.