Skip to content


Permits for care and health workers

A care and health worker parking permit is available to assist key care workers deliver essential care, enabling and support services or health care services to residents who need long or short-term care to continue living in their own homes and need specialist help from others to do so.

The permit is intended for use by carers who visit multiple clients’ or patients’ home addresses for three hours or less during their typical working day. The permit is comprised of two parts, a digital e-permit which is valid for a year, and a time clock permit to be displayed and set to show the time of arrival at the address.

How to apply for a permit

Before submitting an application please check that you qualify for a permit and you know where you will be able to park when using it. We have also provided more guidance about how to use the permit.

If you are employed by an organisation, NHS trust or company and work as part of a team, your employer or manager is the person responsible for applying for your permit and issuing it to you. Please direct your line manager or employer to read the information on this webpage and if appropriate submit an application.

Managers or owners, please complete this online registration form to get an account set up for your service, company or team. To help us identify your team account, please don’t just state Devon County Council, or NHS in the company name please fill out the form in full and state your actual service or team name. It may prove vital to any later enquiries you send us. Your organisation or company may have more than one account set up with us all sharing the same postcode.

Once notified of your account being set up and in receipt of time clocks you can then register and issue care and health worker e-permits to your team. You or your nominated staff member will be responsible for managing your team’s register, issuing, updating, and renewing your team’s permits and ensuring that your staff use their permits responsibly and honestly.

Applications from personal assistants (PAs)

If you are a PA directly employed by a client or are a qualified sole practitioner whose business makes home visits to treat patients as stated above and want to request a permit for your own use, please complete this online application form.

PAs must be registered on the PA Network on Pinpoint Devon and have the profile on the public listings of PAs, before submitting your application.  We check the public webpage as part of the vetting of applications received from PAs.

All applications must be accompanied by two supporting evidence documents confirming how you meet the above criteria.

  • One about you and what you do, for example, certificate of qualification, membership of professional body, letterhead on business header paper, Companies House Registration.
  • The second needs to be about the vehicle registration on your application.

Please upload a copy of your current vehicle insurance certificate showing the registration number to be assigned to your permit(s). Formats accepted are jpg, png and PDF.

How do I ask for more users or clock permits?

If you are an account manager or account member and your team has used up all of your clock permits or you need to replace damaged or lost clocks, you can email us to request more.

Leavers or transfers should be returning their clocks to you for reuse by their replacement as per the instructions in our guide above.

When your account was set up, it was for the number of employees you told us you had on your application form. If your team has now increased in size and you need that number raised please email us with the revised number and tell us how many more clocks to send you. Please email us at

We can only answer questions about accounts from the account manager or account members. If that person has left and not updated the team account, we will need you to tell us who the account was in the name of before we can action any changes.