Devon County Council has undertaken consultations across various areas of Exeter to decide whether to introduce residents parking restrictions in these areas:
The areas consulted were:
- Monks Road Area (Reference ENV5718)
- Newcourt Area (Reference ENV5720)
- Princes Street Area (Reference ENV5721)
- Wardrew Road Area (Reference ENV5719).
Why are we doing this? Residents have contacted the council to report that they are experiencing difficulties with the current on-street parking that is taking place.
Why should I respond? It is important that we know the current views of everyone who might be affected, by new restrictions. Your response will contribute to the final decision.
When do I have to respond by? The dates of the consultations were:
|Area||Start date||Closing date|
|Monks Road area||Monday 12 November||Sunday 2 December 2018|
|Princes Street area|
|Wardrew Road area|
Residents within each area were sent an information leaflet in the post with details of the background, the consultation and how to respond.
What happens next
Comments from this consultation have been summarised and reported to the meeting of the Exeter Highways and Traffic Orders Committee on 9 April 2019.
It was resolved that the:
- proposals relating to Aldrin Road, The Fairway and Armstrong Avenue be approved and implemented, as advertised
- restrictions in Rosebarn Lane (North) be implemented as advertised with a modification to limit the maximum stay in the Pay and Display to 4 hours, subject to (i) the details being approved by the Chief Officer for Highways, Infrastructure Development and Waste in consultation with the local County Councillor and Chair of the Committee; and (ii) a Safety Audit
- proposals relating to Mayflower Avenue, Sheppard Road and Collins Road be not progressed
- decision on no waiting restrictions in Florida Drive and Stoke Valley Road (between California Close and Pennsylvania Road) be delegated to the Chief Officer for Highways, Infrastructure Development and Waste in consultation with the local County Councillor and Chair of the Committee
- decision on restrictions in Pennsylvania Road be delegated to the Chief Officer for Highways, Infrastructure Development and Waste in consultation with the local County Councillor and Chair of the Committee
- proposals relating to the Stoke Valley Road (between California Close and Collins Road) and side roads be not progressed