Skip to content

Report a problem

Report overgrown trees and vegetation

An overgrown tree blocking a footpath

Landowners are responsible for making sure that any vegetation, on their land, does not overgrow and cause an obstruction on the highway.

Vegetation and trees that might do this are usually on private land and, if this is the case, we will write to the landowner and ask that they take action.

When the tree is the responsibility of Devon County Council we will carry out the work.

If you are concerned that a tree has grown into a footpath, over a road, or is blocking a streetlight we can assess the location.

Before you start

If you are reporting an emergency that is very likely to present an imminent threat to life or serious injury or serious damage to property please instead call us on 0345 155 1004.

When you are using the map, if you can see that the overgrown tree or vegetation you plan to report is already there, please use the option to ‘Add me to this overgrown vegetation’ instead of creating a duplicate report.