Report a problem
Report a problem e.g., potholes, trip hazards or debris
Lights on in Devon – report faulty flashing amber lights near schools or streetlights
If you are reporting an emergency that requires immediate attention, please call 0345 155 1004.
Speeding and speed limits
Devon County Council and the Devon and Cornwall Constabulary have collaborated and developed joint procedures to deal with:
- Speeding Concerns
- Speed Limits
- Signing or Traffic Calming
More detailed information can be found on Speeding, Speed Limits and SCARF
Vision Zero South West
Vision Zero South West has the ambition to cut road deaths and serious injuries to zero by 2040 – and to reduce current numbers by 50% by 2030. It is a collaborative project between a number of organisations across Devon and Cornwall, including Devon County Council.
Improvements for people walking and cycling.
Road space is being reallocated across Devon to improve the environment for people walking and cycling.
School Streets – traffic free roads outside schools.
See also Travel Devon and Schools – Roads and transport (devon.gov.uk)
- Engineering solutions can sometimes be used to reduce the speeding issue, funding dependant
- This includes gateway features to villages and towns, road humps, rumble strips or lining and signing.
- In some cases, the speed limit for a section of road may be found to be at odds with other roads in the area. This could be due to changes since the speed limit was originally installed. The speed limit may need to be reviewed, in these cases.
- The result of the SCARF process is sent to the originator of the complaint and to the local County councillor.
Your local Highways team email@example.com