Skip to content

Make a request

Special events on the highway (charity events, celebrations or processions)

Applications for the Kings Coronation have now passed (as of 7 February). Please do not submit any applications for a road closure for the Coronation. You can still apply for a basic street party, which includes minor residential roads and cul-de-sacs.

You need to let us know if you are organising a special event. This will allow us to try to prevent delays to your event by coordinating other activities accordingly.

  • We require at least three months’ notice of your event.
  • If your event requires any restrictions such as road closures or suspension of parking you will need to apply for a temporary traffic restriction for a special event.
  • You will need public liability insurance, with a minimum cover of £5 million.

If you need cones or signs, these will need to be arranged via a third party contractor. Only a suitable insured and trained person may place signs or cones on the highway.

To apply, read our guidance notes for special events, fill in the application form and return it with your fee to or alternatively post to the address shown at the bottom of the form. Applications could be rejected if information is missing.

Check what fee you will need to pay, and either send a cheque with your application or we can provide contact details to enable you to make payment over the phone.

If you are suspending parking or require enforcement, please see the information about parking enforcement.