Skip to content

Make a request

Street parties

Organising small, private street parties is very simple. It generally does not include activities that need a licence such as selling alcohol or providing certain types of entertainment.

Do I need to close the road?

A street party is best on a closed road as it is great to not have to worry about traffic for the day. However, there may be reasons why you are not able to, want to, or have the time to arrange a road closure. This doesn’t mean that you can’t have your street party.

Closing the road

If you need to close the road you will need to complete the application;

Special event application

A special event application is for events that are held on busier through roads and/or are larger scale, community events.

We require a minimum of 3 months’ notice for a special event, and a fee may apply.

I don’t know which application to submit

If you are unsure, please use our application guidance or contact us for further information.

Street meets

Street meets are parties that are held on private land such as a drive, parking area or front garden. You should make sure that all residents are happy with the arrangement.

You don’t need to advise us if you are having a street meet.

Further information is available on the street party website.