Skip to content

Make a complaint

In this section:

Make a complaint

Coronavirus (COVID-19)

Due to the unprecedented situation in relation to Coronavirus (COVID-19) and the requirement for operational services within Devon County Council to redirect their resources to managing the crisis, this is impacting on the Council’s ability to deal with complaints. We recognise the rapidly evolving situation is causing uncertainty and we appreciate your support and understanding at this challenging time. In line with government and Ombudsman guidance, Devon County Council is assessing individual complaints as they are received, and only accepting those that raise high risk or safeguarding matters. The County Council will not progress any other complaints at this time but this position will be reviewed following government guidance changes.

If you have a complaint to make, the first step is to make us aware of the problem so that we have an opportunity to resolve the situation. This can be done either through our report a problem page, by speaking to a live chat adviser or by contacting our Customer Service Centre on 0345 155 1004.

If you are unable to resolve the matter informally and wish to take it further and register a formal complaint please use our online complaint form. Complaints are subject to a 20 working day response time once your complaint has been acknowledged. This form should be used to register complaints that might involve the following scenarios:

  • You have already reported an issue to us but are unhappy with the response.
  • An issue or enquiry that you contacted us about hasn’t been acknowledged or resolved or a response has not been provided within a reasonable time (our expected standard is 15 working days).
  • The behaviour or actions of a member of our staff, or a contractor working on our behalf, have not met expected standards.
  • You feel you have been subjected to harassment, bias or unfair discrimination.

Complaints about parking tickets are managed by the appeals process. More information is available on Parking tickets.

If you wish to make a claim you will need to follow our claim process, more information is available on highway insurance claim.

More information about Devon County Council’s corporate customer feedback procedures can be found at Feedback and complaints.