Skip to content

Help and support

Make a complaint

If you are reporting an emergency that requires immediate attention, please call us on 0345 155 1004. An emergency on the highway is defined as something that is very likely to present an imminent threat to life or serious injury or serious damage to property.

If you have a complaint to make, the first step is to make us aware of the problem so that we have an opportunity to resolve the situation. This can be done either through our report a problem page, by speaking to a live chat adviser or by contacting our Customer Service Centre on 0345 155 1004.

If you are unable to resolve the matter informally and wish to take it further and register a formal complaint please use our online complaint form. Complaints are subject to a 20 working day response time once your complaint has been acknowledged. This form should be used to register complaints that might involve the following scenarios:

  • You have already reported an issue to us but are unhappy with the response.
  • An issue or enquiry that you contacted us about hasn’t been acknowledged or resolved or a response has not been provided within a reasonable time (our expected standard is 15 working days).
  • The behaviour or actions of a member of our staff, or a contractor working on our behalf, have not met expected standards.
  • You feel you have been subjected to harassment, bias or unfair discrimination.

Complaints about parking tickets are managed by the appeals process. More information is available on Parking tickets.

If you wish to make a claim you will need to follow our claim process, more information is available on highway insurance claim.

More information about Devon County Council’s corporate customer feedback procedures can be found at Feedback and complaints.