We are a partner in the TIDE project, which aims to develop and market new types of multi-regional historical maritime niche tourist packages and visitor attractions for the Atlantic by sharing cultural assets across regions, supported by new technologies and transnational collaboration tools.
The project runs from May 2019 to July 2023, and is funded by the Interreg Atlantic Area Programme through the European Regional Development Fund.
- Present links in maritime historical content from multiple regions.
- Focus on historical periods that have left a cultural footprint across Atlantic regions.
- Connect visitor centres to real underwater wreck sites.
- Enrich visitor experience by introducing new technologies such as Virtual Reality and Augmented Reality.
- Improve organisational policies for using historical assets for economic development.
- The Spanish Armada
- The Newfoundland Fisheries
- Trans-Atlantic Exploration and Emigration
- Napoleonic Wars
- U-Boat Warfare in the First and Second World Wars
The project partners are based in the Atlantic regions of:
- Derry and Strabane
- Newfoundland and Labrador
- Pays de la Loire