For an interactive map showing details of current and planned roadworks across the county please see devon.roadworks.org.
For roadworks, delays and diversions on the M5, A30, A35, A38 and the A303 please contact Highways England.
We aim to provide details of our schemes which have the potential to cause major disruption to road users, to explain what we are doing and why we have to do it. Use the links below to find out more about current and planned schemes.
- ‘A’ roads resurfacing in South Hams
- A3124 Beaford Village – Drainage works
- A3124 Beaford – Resurfacing works
- A361 North Devon Link Road – new junction for east of Tiverton and Challenge Fund resurfacing scheme
- A386 Plymouth Road, Tavistock
- Cattle grid cleaning 2019/20
- Construction of new bridge to replace Alma Bridge in Sidmouth
- Dartmeet area – Resurfacing and cattle grid replacement
- E4 Cycle Route Phase 2
- High Street, Great Torrington – Resurfacing
- Pothole Action Fund 2019/20
- Preventative surfacing and associated works
- Shaldon Bridge – Piers 2 and 3 maintenance repairs
- Sherford Main Street phase 2
Major schemes are significant local authority highway and public transport capital projects. Most involve substantial investment in infrastructure by the Department of Transport that would otherwise be beyond the means of a local authority.
- A30 Blackdown Hills – Road improvement from Honiton to Devonshire Inn
- Bridge Road, Exeter – widening and improvements
- North Devon Link Road – road improvements between Tiverton and Abbotsham
We do not control work carried out by utility companies. Any queries or complaints should be directed to the relevant company, whose name should be clearly visible on their signage. Alternatively, you can check devon.roadworks.org to find out who is responsible for the work.
If you would like to report an issue with existing roadworks please use our live chat facility or complete our online form.