Devon County Council has developed an interactive roadworks map to provide present, future and completed activity, including defect repairs as well as scheduled roadworks that are taking, or have taken, place on the highway network in Devon.
For an interactive map showing details of current and planned roadworks across the country please see one network.
For roadworks, delays and diversions on the M5, A30, A35, A38 and the A303 please contact Highways England.
We aim to provide details of our schemes which have the potential to cause major disruption to road users, to explain what we are doing and why we have to do it. Use the links below to find out more about current and planned schemes.
- Surface Dressing Programme
- Micro-Asphalt Programme
- Non-Principal Road Programming – DfT Funding
- Cattle Grid cleaning 2020/21
- A377 at Kingford
- A381 Totnes Western Bypass
- A386 Ash Dieback Works (between Tavistock and Horrabridge)
- B3213 Western Road – Air Quality Improvement works
- Countess Wear roundabout, Exeter
- Fordton Plain, Crediton – Resurfacing and Drainage
- Pinhoe Road, Exeter – Resurfacing
- E4 Cycle Route Phase 3: Bridge across Summer Lane
- A380 (between Kennford and Newton Abbot)
- Rock Park Railway Bridge – Emergency closure
- A382 – Newton Abbot to the A38 at Drumbridges roundabout
- B3230 Muddiford Leat
Major schemes are significant local authority highway and public transport capital projects. Most involve substantial investment in infrastructure by the Department of Transport that would otherwise be beyond the means of a local authority.
- A30 Blackdown Hills – Road improvement from Honiton to Devonshire Inn
- Bridge Road, Exeter – widening and improvements
- North Devon Link Road – road improvements between Tiverton and Abbotsham
We do not control work carried out by utility companies. Any queries or complaints should be directed to the relevant company, whose name should be clearly visible on their signage. Alternatively, you can check one.network to find out who is responsible for the work.