School Crossing Patrols
We have vacancies for School Crossing Patrols at many locations across Devon.
To discuss exact locations, find out more about these vacancies or to quickly register your interest:
Text 07980 794804 Start text with ‘SCP’
Phone 01392 383000 and when prompted ask for ‘School Crossing Patrols’.
New – Taster Sessions! Work as a Patrol for a day, under the guidance of our trainer. No commitment and if you enjoy it we can explore further. You don’t need to complete a job application just contact us to find out more.
Ready to complete a job application to work as a Patrol? Click below
The online application process, above, requires you to create an account and some users may find it easier to download an application form. This document can be printed and posted or you can complete it on your computer and then email it.
Please complete the application form the best you can and if you have any problems please contact us. We look forward to hearing from you!
Working as a Patrol
School Crossing Patrols help children and adults cross the road safely while they are walking to and from school at a designated point/s and between specified times. They are at locations where it may be difficult to cross the road.
- Rate of pay is £9.25 per hour.
- Patrols are paid 38 weeks for term time and also an element of annual leave, bank holidays and a half pay “retainer” for the school holidays. The salary which is due per annum is paid in 12 equal monthly instalments.
- Patrols work approx. 5-6 hours per week during the school term, 30 mins in the morning and 30 mins in the afternoon.
- Uniform, full training and ongoing support is provided.
- Clearance from the Disclosure and Barring Service is required, which we will pay for.
- A medical assessment is required prior to appointment and regular assessments must be undertaken thereafter.
- Patrols receive training on-site along with our School Crossing Patrol Handbook and training film.
- Supervisors visit all Patrols every school term to assess the Patrol and offer support, advice and guidance.