Skip to content

Make a request

Community Events

If you wish to close a road to hold an open air event to mark the occasion of the Death of Her Majesty Elizabeth the Second you will need to fill out the application form for your road closure so we can ensure the safety of the public.

If you wish to close a minor road, you can complete the declaration below.

A minor road is classified as a cul-de-sac or a minor residential road. For larger roads we require applicants to use the full Special Events process.

If you are unsure whether your road would classify as a minor road, please use our application guidance or contact us for further information.

Community Event Application

The event should be free of charge and for residents only.  You should let all businesses, residents and bus companies know about the event as soon as possible.

We don’t require organisers to hold public liability insurance cover for a basic application, however we do recommend it is considered, as Devon County Council will not be held responsible for any damage or injury.

Road closure signs and cones should be placed at the start of the closure and need to be in line with Chapter 8 guidance.  We are unable to supply signage or cones, however these can be arranged through a third party contractor or your local parish or town council may be able to assist.

There is no fee for a community event application, but we ask for as much notice as possible to allow us time to process and issue the applications

Application to close a Minor Road