Guide: Business Plan 2015-2021
Our Business Plan Framework 2015-2021
To develop a meaningful and current business plan that will last six years, we have created a Business Plan framework that breaks it down into key elements.
The aim of this framework is to provide:
- business stability and continuity to support the delivery of longer term projects
- business agility so that adaptations can be made to take account of challenges and opportunities arising during the life of the plan.
The business plan framework includes:
1) The Business Plan 2015-2021
- explains the purpose of our service
- introduces our business model that will guide how we do things
- explains how we will use our business model meet the challenges ahead
- provides a platform that links to specific plans, projects and priorities
- will be updated when things change
2) Who We Are
- sets out job roles and responsibilities
- explains how we work together to deliver the highway service
3) Financial Framework
- explains our sources of funding, how we plan our spending and allocate budgets and our processes for monitoring the effectiveness of our financial management.
4) Annual Report 2016-17
- recognises our achievements in the previous year and the people who have made success happen
- outlines challenges faced and how they were overcome
- examines lessons learned which will shape future service delivery.
5) Annual Action Plan 2017-18
- details the specific plans for service delivery in the year ahead
- lists milestones for longer term projects
- lists measurable objectives
6) Team Development Plan
- sets out training and development pathways and succession planning
- provides a strong performance management framework so our people are supported to deliver their best for Devon
- focusses on identifying our strengths, sharing skills and knowledge across the service to develop our capability across the whole highway team.
You are at the end of this guide