Guide: Business Plan 2015-2021
- Our purpose: To maintain the highway network
- Our purpose: To operate the highway network
- Our purpose: To improve the highway network and delivery of our service
- Business model
- One team: Communicating together
- Our strategy
- Guiding principles: Intelligent use of information
- Guiding principles: Innovative delivery of services
- Guiding principles: Strong business focus
- Our Business Plan Framework 2015-2021
Devon’s highway network is vital – This is recognised in Devon’s Strategic Plan, ‘Better Together‘.
Our Purpose: Our service maintains, operates and improves the highway network to enable safe and resilient links for people to connect with their communities, to lead to healthy, prosperous lives; to get to work, to get to education, to get to health services, to participate in exercise and leisure activities, to bring people to Devon to enjoy our beautiful county, to bring goods in and connect Devon’s people and produce to the rest of the world.
- We are Devon’s Highways and Traffic Management Service
- We are the Highway Authority for Devon*
- We are a multi-skilled team, working together to deliver our service
- Our aims and objectives are to maintain, operate and improve the highway network in Devon safely and efficiently for the benefit of all users
- Our business plan sets out how we aim to do this.
- Excluding Torbay and Plymouth unitary authority areas and the Motorway and Trunk Road network operated by Highways England