Building Babies Brains – fully funded course
Action for Children have a new date for their 4th Building Babies Brain course which aims to support you to increase your knowledge of baby brain development, bonding and resilience and to be confident in ‘passing’ this information on to parents/ carers and communities.
The training covers:
- Understanding the importance of baby brain development, especially during the vital 0-2 years. We share the most up to date, evidence-based information in an accessible way. This course is about sharing and learning together.
- Building confidence in passing this information on widely. Did you know that only a third of parents know this information? We want it to be ‘all our business’.
- Supporting resilience. How you can help parents by looking after yourself, encouraging parents to look after themselves, so that they can look after their children.
- Tools for being in relationships with others, including Dan Hughes PACE.
- Signposting you to evidence-based resources that you can easily pass onto parents
- Risk and trauma in the early years, and how to build resilience for lifelong skills
- Self-care for wellbeing – recognising if you are not alright then you are not as available for the child / carer
The training is for early years practitioners (pre-schools, nurseries, toddler groups, childminders, foster carers) whose role brings them into contact with children aged 0-2 years and their carers and community members/ volunteers who link in with families with children aged 0-2.
How will it be delivered:
- A blended learning approach consisting of: digital, face to face interactive workshops; video learning and podcasts; and self-led learning fully supported by digital training notes, and trainer availability
- 6 sessions in total, lasting 13 hours plus a 1 hour introductory information podcast to be viewed before session 1
- Your trainers have worked in children’s centres for the past ten years. Anna is a Thrive Train the Trainer, and delivers Solihull ‘Understanding Your Child’ programmes to parents. Georgie is a Thrive practitioner, who has also undertaken Transactional Analysis training.
- Podcasts and videos from specialist speakers, including a Video Interactive guidance practitioner and clinical psychologists.
This course will be fully funded as it is still being developed and piloted, this will be the last fully funded course.
- Tuesday 8th June, 1.15pm-3.30pm – Virtual
- Tuesday 15th June, 1.15pm-3.30pm – Virtual
- Tuesday 22nd June- Self learn session
- Tuesday 29th June, 1.15pm-3.30pm – Virtual
- Tuesday 6th July– self learn session
- Tuesday 13th July, 1.15pm-3.30pm – Virtual
- Tuesday 24th August – Catch up session – 1.15 – 2.15pm
You will need to have access to Microsoft Teams, via a laptop/ desktop / tablet, it is vital that you have a quiet private space that you will not be disturbed so that you can fully participate in the training conversations and break out room activities and be able to have you camera on which supports the building of relationships.