Skip to content

Maintaining roads

Land Compensation Act 1973 (Part 1)

In certain cases, properties can depreciate in value due to physical factors arising from public works. Property owners and occupiers may be entitled to claim compensation. This is known as a ‘Part 1 claim’.

NPS South West Ltd acts on behalf of the County Council in negotiating claims payable under Part 1 of the Land Compensation Act 1973. If you wish to make a claim you can download a copy of the Land Compensation claim form here.

More information and guidance is available at: