We are here to support your recruitment and retention. Here are several initiatives that we want to share with you:
- Childcare support: Early Years & Childcare Service Struggling to find suitable childcare? Complete this short online form and a staff member from the Early Years & Childcare Service team will contact you to offer support. Childcare Choices, government help with childcare costs for parents. Whether you have toddlers or teens, you could get support. Find out more!
- Devon Wellbeing Hub free support for individuals, teams, and wider groups available. Have you noticed that your team energy is low, or that colleagues are collectively experiencing difficulties following distressing and stressful events arising from COVID-19? You’ll likely have been working flat-out for a year in pressured conditions, and you may be struggling as a team. The Wellbeing Hub can help.
- Discount for carers We are working alongside discounts for carers! Benefits for all care workers across social care.
- Care Workers’ Charity Providing free mental health and wellbeing sessions with a qualified therapist. If you feel you would benefit from some support, or if you’re on a long waiting list for support to deal with issues such as these, or have previously had support but feel you would benefit from some more sessions, please visit the Mental Wellbeing and Health Support Page for more information and to see whether you meet your eligibility requirements.
- Jobs – Proud to Care (proudtocaredevon.org.uk) free jobs board for all your vacancies. If you’ve still not used us for your job adverts watch our video on how to register for the jobs board and place ads.
- The Employee Referral App for Social Care – Care Friends – your best recruitment resource is your team; they know what you look for in your staff and employee referral schemes also help staff retention. There is still time to try this app for a year for free, Devon will pay the subscription for the first year.
- Find us on Facebook, Twitter Instagram and LinkedIn – We continue to advertise on social media and can promote your vacancies as part of this. Please get in touch if you would like us to do this for your vacancies on our jobs board. Please also follow our page and tag us in your posts to raise the profile of all our posts and maximise the audience for them.