Proud to Care are here to support your recruitment and retention throughout the pandemic. There are several initiatives that we want to share with you:
- Devon Wellbeing Hub free support for individuals, teams, and wider groups available. Have you noticed that your team energy is low, or that colleagues are collectively experiencing difficulties following distressing and stressful events arising from COVID-19? You’ll likely have been working flat-out for a year in pressured conditions, and you may be struggling as a team. The Wellbeing Hub can help.
- Kickstart Scheme – GOV.UK (www.gov.uk) – provides funding to employers to create jobs for 16- to 24-year-olds on Universal Credit. A way of employing someone fixed term for a particular piece of work or project that has been delayed due to the pandemic. Northam Care Trust in Bideford North Devon has had first-hand experience of using the Kickstart programme.“We are keen to continue growing and investing in our own workforce and help young people at risk of long-term unemployment to start a career in social care. The roles offered will be in our direct services and in our central support team so we can offer a variety of jobs, including an IT assistant and social media and marketing assistant.”
Northam Care Trust media page shows media clips talking about Kickstart on CareTalk Business Podcasts – Recruitment in Social Care, BBC Radio Devon and BBC Spotlight news.
- Jobs – Proud to Care (proudtocaredevon.org.uk) free jobs board for all your vacancies.
If you’ve still not used us for your job adverts watch our video on how to register for the jobs board and place ads.
- The Employee Referral App for Social Care – Care Friends – your best recruitment resource is your team; they know what you look for in your staff and employee referral schemes also help staff retention.
There is still time to try this app for a year for free, Devon will pay the subscription for the first year.
- Find us on Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn – We continue to advertise on social media and can promote your vacancies as part of this. Please get in touch if you would like us to do this for your vacancies on our jobs board. Please also follow our page and tag us in your posts to raise the profile of all our posts and maximise the audience for them.