How to get the most out of CQC inspection
What a good inspection looks and feels like.
The Adult Social Care, Trade Association members, CQC inspection colleagues and members of the Outstanding Society came together to agree:
- What does a good inspection look like for all parties?
- What are the common issues?
- If it goes wrong, why?
- Whether we could develop some agreed expectations and opportunities.
We wanted to work collaboratively to develop key principles and a shared understanding for providers and CQC inspectors that makes sure everyone can get the most out of inspection by:
- clarifying common misunderstandings
- removing any barriers to effective working
- agreeing some mutual expectations.
We saw we all wanted the same, so the following principles were easy to develop and agree.