An introduction for employers- information from Way to Work
Way to Work is a national push to help even more people benefit from the record number of vacancies available in the jobs market, including many in sectors vital to national recovery. At the same time as record vacancies, we have hundreds of thousands of people on Universal Credit who are actively looking to make a fresh start in work. This means there are many talented, work-ready people on our books who are eager to take on your roles. This campaign will help people move swiftly back into the world of work and help you fill the roles you and our economy need too.
How will Way to Work help you?
If you’re looking to fill a vacancy, Way to Work will offer you a named employer adviser in your local Jobcentre to support your journey, or a dedicated national account manager if you’re a national employer. They have a range of recruitment services that can help you as an employer, including:
- The opportunity to be introduced to people looking for work through a variety of platforms, including recruitment days and other events
- Working closely with you to simplify and shorten the recruitment process, so we can put forward better matched candidates to interview
- Help setting up work trials to give you the opportunity to see what potential recruits have to offer
- Advice about offering work experience and apprenticeships
- Support from other employment schemes including sector-based work academy programmes and business mentoring
- Support if you employ someone with a disability (Access to Work)
- Advice and guidance on employing someone with a disability or health condition
How to contact?
Contact us for advice about recruiting for your business using one of the following options:
Call the Employer Services Line on 0800 169 0178
Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we can put you in touch with your local employer adviser.
If contacting us by email, please include:
- Business name
- Your contact details
- The town(s) your business is based in/is recruiting in including full postcodes
- Brief description of your recruitment query
How to use Find a Job
The Find a Job service offers a simple way for jobseekers to look for work, and for employers to post job adverts. It is easy and free to use the site, employers register and post their jobs via easy to use forms.
Access to Work
Access to Work is a publicly funded employment support grant scheme. It can pay for practical support that aims to enable disabled people to start or stay in work. To find out more, please visit our Access to Work factsheet for employers.
The Disability Confident scheme encourages employers to think differently about disability and to take action to improve how you recruit, retain and develop disabled people. To find out more about to make the most of the talents disabled people can bring to your workplace please visit our Disability Confident pages.