Proud to Care Devon supports all health and care providers in Devon to recruit people with the right values, to develop people and to retain a skilled workforce.
The Proud to Care Devon campaign promotes working in health and care in Devon as a great career choice. It’s free for all health and care providers to advertise job vacancies, including work placements, apprenticeships and volunteer roles. These can be very easily uploaded onto the Proud to Care Devon jobs board.
If you would like to discuss or need assistance with recruitment and retention please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
DBS checks for adult social care roles. This leaflet addresses the eligibility of a range of roles across the adult social care sector. It is based on generic descriptions of the roles and their responsibilities. This guidance applies whether the people in these roles are paid or unpaid.
- Parking permits are available for care and health staff to park for free and unlimited time when on house visits.
- See our Proud to Care Top Tips for Improving Recruitment and Retention.
- If you need temporary staff, Temp Solutions (the Devon County Council Temp Bank) may be able to help. The cost is your usual hourly rate x 1.419 to cover pension, NI and holiday. To find out if they have suitable temporary staff in your area, please call 01392 383000 and ask for Temp Solutions or email email@example.com
NHS and Care Volunteer Responders
The Volunteer Responders programme – now named NHS and Care Volunteer Responders – is being expanded to support adult social care providers in England. You can now arrange volunteer support for recipients of social care, including domiciliary care and people living in care homes. The volunteer services on offer include:
- Check in and Chat – short-term telephone support consisting of friendly conversations to improve mental health and wellbeing.
- Pick up and deliver – transportation of medication to people’s homes from NHS sites.
- Community Response (coming soon) – help with activities including collecting and delivering food shopping and essential items and / or prescriptions and medications.
For more information, please visit the NHS Care Volunteer Responders website.