Ways to support your own wellbeing
- Tips from Headway Devon
- Other tips on supporting wellbeing
- Simple mindfulness, breathing and grounding exercises to help you gain a sense of calmness and manage anxiety
- Every Mind Matters, there are little things we can all do to help look after our mental health. Having good mental health helps us relax more, achieve more and enjoy our lives more.
Resources for supporting your staff
- Tips on supporting your staff
- Tips on how you can provide team and peer support on a day to day basis
- Mind, taking care of your staff
- Keeping well for Health and Care workers webinars
Here are a number of useful apps which can support wellbeing. Visit the app or play store on your mobile or via the links below:
|App name||Description||Suitable devices and cost|
|ACT companion: The happiness Trap App||The acceptance and commitment therapy companion app based on the best-selling book The Happiness Trap by Dr Russ Harris. Helps you to develop and practice the skills you need to be present, open up and do what matters||IOS only. Free with in app purchases|
An app to help you learn to relax, manage your worries and improve your wellbeing. Made for children and adults
The app measures your heart rate and suggests tasks to suit your state of mind. Tasks include simple breathing techniques and light exercises to take your mind off your worries.
|Android and IOS. Free with in app purchases|
|Headspace||A mindfulness meditation app||Android and IOS
Monthly – first 7 days free
App to help users better understand their moods through use of an ongoing diary.
The app was designed to illustrate some of the key principles of psychological approaches to mental health and well-being, and specifically Cognitive Behavioural Therapy .
|Android and IOS. Free.|
|Daylight||A smartphone-based app that provides help to people experiencing symptoms of worry and anxiety, using evidence-based cognitive behavioural techniques, voice, and animation.||Android and IOS. Free with in app purchases|
|Action for happiness||Based on the themes and actions from action for happiness popular monthly calendars and aims to give users a couple of friendly “nudges” each day – firstly that day’s action in the morning and secondly an inspiring message towards the end of the day.||Android and IOS free.|