Devon Place Board provides a forum for the district councils, areas of outstanding natural beauty, Devon County Council regional bodies and central government to work together on place-based economic opportunities and challenges.
Devon Place Board was set up in 2020 to enable public sector organisations to strategically work together on Devon’s economic regeneration.
Adopting a collaborative approach to address challenges and explore funding opportunities has allowed greater cohesion in project development and led to the support of several successful bids.
The current members are:
- Devon County Council
- East Devon District Council
- Exeter City Council
- Mid Devon District Council
- North Devon District Council
- South Hams District Council
- Torridge District Council
- West Devon District Council
- Dartmoor AONB
- Exmoor AONB
Some examples of economic development and regeneration opportunities collaborated on via Devon Place Board are:
- UK Shared Prosperity Fund
- Rural England Prosperity Fund
- Levelling Up Fund – Rounds 1 and 2
- Coastal and Market Towns Urban Renewal
If you would like any further information, please do not hesitate to contact Keir.Duffin@Devon.gov.uk.