Please note that this excludes personal care delivered in supporting living, residential care and extra care settings.
Personal care involves supporting people with washing, dressing and other personal needs and is regulated by the Care Quality Commission.
It consists of the provision of personal care for people who are unable to provide it for themselves, because of old age, illness or disability, and which is provided to them in the place where those people are living at the time when the care is provided.
Devon commissions personal care at home through two contracts (see table below).
The Living Well at Home contract is commissioned via the primary provider Devon Cares who covers the delivery of sub-contracted Personal Care Services in Zones 1, 2 and 3.
Devon County Council also commissions personal care at home via spot contracts in all other areas of the Council, excluding Torbay and Plymouth.
The contract may also include elements of unregulated support where the client also needs the regulated provision of personal care to meet their needs.
The following services can be commissioned through this contract:
- Care visits – usually commissioned between 7.00 am and 11.00 pm.
- Waking night support/night sitting – generally 9 hours (10.00 pm to 7.00 am). The care worker is awake and present.
- Sleep-in night care – generally 9 hours (10.00 pm to 7.00 am). The care worker is sleeping but available if called. More than 3 disturbances is treated as a waking night.
- 24-hour care – required continuously over a 24 hour period by a team of care workers who are present, awake and on-call at all times.
- Live-in care and support – where care is required for most if not all of the 24 hour period. A care worker resides with the service user in their home while on duty.
If you wish to talk to us about providing personal care services to people in their homes, please use the contact details available in the table below to make contact with the appropriate organisation:
|1||Bideford/Northam/Holsworthy/Great Torrington||Devon Cares: 01271 337823|
|2||Ilfracombe/Braunton/Barnstaple/South Molton/Lynton/Lynmouth||Devon Cares: 01271 337823|
|3||Cullompton/Tiverton/Crediton||Devon Cares: 01271 337823|
|5||Sidmouth/Honiton/Ottery St. Mary/Seaton/ Axminster/Exmouthfirstname.lastname@example.org|
If you do not have a contract and are interested in getting into business with Devon County Council, please email us on: email@example.com
If you are already in business with Devon County Council and would like to discuss an existing contract or update your details, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org