Proud to Care Ambassadors are enthusiastic, frontline care and health staff who attend careers events and talk passionately and enthusiastically about their role in care and health. They aim to inspire people to start a career in the care and health sector and demonstrate how rewarding it can be.
We currently have over 330 Ambassadors throughout Devon. They attend events at schools, colleges, universities, job centres and apprenticeship events to talk honestly about their role in health and social care.
The Proud to Care Ambassadors scheme is run in association with the national Skills for Care I Care…Ambassadors initiative. Please see our role descriptor for a Proud to Care Ambassador for more information if you are interested in becoming one.
Resources to support Ambassadors at events:
- Flyers, tablecloths, business cards and pull-up banners.
- Skills for Care booklets and leaflets outlining careers and apprenticeships in care.
- Health Education England booklets on a range of health related careers from medicine, midwifery and dentistry to therapy, allied health care and domestic duties, and a booklet giving an overview of the sector.
- Torso with removable body parts for schools engagement
- Impairment aids; visions blurring goggles, sound cancelling headphones and bulky gloves for use with schools activities to show how impairments affect ability to preform every day tasks.
If you would like to know more about Proud to Care Ambassadors, volunteer to become one, or invite a Proud to Care Ambassador to your upcoming event, please contact Tracy Grant at email@example.com