Skip to content

Supporting health and social care providers in Devon

Financial support

Last Updated 10:05am, 31 August 2021

Key COVID-19 information sources

If you have any specific issues or questions that you would like to raise please do so as follows:

Contained Outbreak Management Funding for commissioned care homes

Devon County Council has provided grant funding to care homes with DCC and NHS placements on a ‘per commissioned bed’ basis to cover a period of six months from August 2021 to January 2022. We have written to providers directly, please contact us if you have any queries.

Funding secured to support Devon's economic recovery

Devon County Council secured funding to support some of the local economies hardest hit during the pandemic and help Devon’s recovery.

In partnership with Exeter City Council, Torbay Council and Torridge District Council, we’ve been awarded more than £2.3 million of government funding to deliver local regeneration schemes. You can find out more about the projects that will benefit from the funding on our website.

We also successfully bid for £640,000 from The Heart of the South West Local Enterprise Partnership to grow our award-winning network of work hubs. They provide flexible-term, value for money office space, equipped with modern facilities and are ideal for small businesses that may have started from home but need larger accommodation.

For more information and guidance, and to download an application form, please visit the Devon Work Hubs website.

Extension of the Infection Control Fund and Rapid Testing Fund 2021

The government has extended this Fund until September. This guidance sets out the measures that the extension to the Fund supports, including distribution of funds, conditions and reporting requirements. Look out for local implementation news from Devon County Council.

Fees uplift, Infection Control Fund and Testing Fund

Devon County Council has written directly to all providers with details of the annual fee increases for 2021-22.

For non-care home fees we have agreed an increase of 1.72%.

For care home fees we have agreed that fees will be increased as follows:

Under the personalised fee model the care hour rate will increase by 2.35%, residential accommodation fees will increase by 2.64% and nursing accommodation fees will increase by 2.5%.

The non-banded fee model rate will increase by 2.21% and the banded fee model rate will increase by an average of 2.21%.

On 29 March the Government announced the extension of the Infection Control Fund and the Rapid Testing Fund through to 30 June 2021, in line with the period of the Roadmap to Recovery period and the next national planning phase.

The purposes of these national funds are to reduce transmission of COVID-19 within and between care settings and to support the rapid testing of staff and visitors. Payments from the funds must be made within 20 working days of 29 March and expenditure undertaken by 20 June. We are doing all we can to get the new grant agreements issued to providers as they must be signed and returned during the week commencing 12 April.

70% of the Infection Control Fund is being passed direct to providers on a per-bed basis. Local authorities can use their discretion to allocate the remaining 30% of the Fund to support infection prevention and control in care settings. For Devon the amounts are £1,821,00 (residential), £510,00 (community) and £999,000 (discretionary).

60% of the Rapid Testing Fund is being passed direct to providers on a per-bed basis. The remaining 40% of the Fund can be used at the discretion of the local authority to support rapid testing in Extra Care Housing and Supported Living care settings. For Devon the amounts are £1,426,000 (residential) and £798,000 (discretionary, community).

In order to receive this financial support, providers are required to have completed the Capacity Tracker twice previously and commit to doing so on a weekly basis.

The above fees uplift and grant allocations are accompanied by a huge thank you to all providers for the work you have undertaken in such challenging times.

Are you eligible for the Test and Trace Support Payment?

The government has updated its guidance about claiming financial support if you’re told to self-isolate.

If you have been told by NHS Test and Trace to self-isolate, and you’re eligible for the Test and Trace Support Payment or a discretionary payment, you will receive £500 in addition to any benefits and Statutory Sick Pay that you currently receive.

You are eligible for the £500 Test and Trace Support Payment if you live in England and meet the government’s criteria.

If you are a parent or a guardian of a child who has been told to self-isolate by their education setting or by NHS Test and Trace, and you are therefore unable to attend work due to childcare responsibilities, you might also be eligible for a £500 Test and Trace Support Payment or discretionary payment, if you meet the government’s criteria.
The government’s website tells you how to apply.

DCC financial investment / market support during COVID-2020

A summary of the market support offered to individuals of Direct Payments and providers during 2020.

South West Water: Neighbourhood fund

The Neighbourhood Fund is all about supporting our local community. There will be £100,000-a-year funding available for neighbourhood community groups which inspire physical activities, education, health and wellbeing and deliver positive environmental outcomes.

The type of projects we’re funding:

  • Protect nature and the environment for the benefit of community health and well-being
  • Providing new opportunities for people to learn and develop
  • Assisting local projects which bring communities together, virtually or physically – when safe to do so
  • Supporting the upkeep of local neighbourhood centres and facilities to keep communities strong.

Further details available via the South West Water website.

National social care funding announcement

New funding to protect and support the social care sector, including care homes and domiciliary care providers, by increasing workforce capacity and testing has been announced.
The £269 million package includes a £120 million fund for local authorities to boost staffing levels and a £149 million grant system to support increased testing in care homes.
The vital infection prevention and control guidance on staff movement in care homes is also being reinforced, with a reminder to providers to continue following the rules to keep staff and residents safe.

Find out more about the funding here.

HMRC community organisation

Government guidance for voluntary and community sector organisations on how to apply for Her Majesty’s Revenue and Customs’ £5 million funding grant to provide tailored support to members of the public who need extra help in getting their tax and claims right. The programme is open for applications until 27 November 2020.

HMRC coronavirus helpline
Find out how to contact HMRC if you’re a business or self-employed and need help and support with outstanding tax payments due to the coronavirus (COVID-19).

Recovery loan scheme

A new government-backed loan scheme has been launched to provide additional finance to businesses as they grow and recover from the disruption of the COVID-19 pandemic.

The Recovery Loan Scheme will provide businesses with loans from £25,000 up to a maximum of £10 million. The government will provide an 80% guarantee for all loans and interest rates will be capped.

The scheme, which runs until 31 December 2021, will be administered by the British Business Bank, with loans available through accredited commercial lenders.

Growth hubs

You can find free support, advice and information on sources of finance through your local growth hub.

Grant funding

Organisations can keep up to date with potential funding streams coming online by signing up to receive updates from DCC Funding News

Further details in relation to COVID specific funding support can be found on the Grant and funding support site.

Coronavirus Community Support Fund

Following the Chancellor’s announcement last month, the bidding process for direct cash grants through the National Lottery Community Fund has been launched in England.

The Coronavirus Community Support Fund aims to support the tens of thousands of charities and organisations at the heart of local communities that are making a big difference during the COVID-19 outbreak, including delivering food, essential medicines and providing financial advice.

Please note that ‘financial advice’ referenced in the criteria does of course include welfare support and advice, including support to access and claim Universal Credit, although this is not explicitly stated in the criteria.

Please find more information on their website

Other potential sources of funding

Have some feedback or can't
find what you were looking for?