Last Updated 11:00am, 8 January 2021
COVID-19: pre-existing health conditions and ethnicity.
Report assessing whether the inequalities in diagnosis and death from COVID-19 between ethnic groups can be explained by pre-existing health conditions.
Coronavirus and ethnicity: a summary of what we know
Article bringing together previously released analysis from ONS about how people in society are affected by Coronavirus by ethnicity.
Coronavirus and the social impacts on disabled people in Great Britain
Office for National Statistics released indicators from the Opinions and Lifestyle on the impact of the coronavirus pandemic on disabled people in Great Britain.
DCC diversity guidance for end of life
DCC has produced guidance how to deal with end of life rituals for residents from diverse backgrounds.
This guide is for Care/Nursing Homes and other establishments who may be in care of a person who is dying or has recently died. It takes into account the challenges and concerns posed by the coronavirus pandemic and offers guidance on how to provide people with a caring, respectful and sensitive experience as they approach the end of their life.
Easy-read guidance for households with possible infection
Accessible resources to help you communicate about COVID-19
- Guidelines for organisations booking communication professionals in healthcare settings during COVID-19
- Beyond Words is providing free picture stories and illustrated guides to support people with learning disabilities and autism through the pandemic
- Imperial College London produced a video encouraging people to continue to use health services if they are unwell
- Resources from Learning Disability England
- Signhealth has made their InterpreterNow remote BSL interpretation service available for free across all healthcare services
- Signhealth is providing a videos of summaries of key coronavirus guidance in BSL
- Public Health England stay at home guidance; translated and in easy read
- NHS guidelines translated into up to 50 languages by Doctors of the World and video advice
- Public Health England resources in accessible formats
- COVID-19 guidance for providers of services for people experiencing rough sleeping
- The handwashing rap produced to help people who have a learning disability