About the Academy
We have developed and implemented a new integrated approach to social work education, learning and professional development in Children’s Social Care.
This approach will change and develop in response to service priorities and national agendas that provide frameworks for what we do.
We will provide our staff with information on the learning and development frameworks available to them, and how these respond to their career and development aspirations.
For people interested in working in Children’s Social Care, this website will provide you with information on the learning frameworks we provide and how we can assist in your ongoing professional development.
Aims and Objectives
- promote and develop the high quality of work with children, young people and families
- ensure that the child and young person’s voice is central
- contribute to the development of practice that ensures the safeguarding of children and young people is a priority
- develop innovative approaches to learning in our service
- our ethos is to value the strengths knowledge and skills that people bring to learning and development and aspire to create conditions for people to achieve their potential and have a positive impact on the lives of the children and families
- devon’s vision is to embed restorative practice throughout Childrens Services and within our partner agencies
Related pages you can visit: