We would like to reassure you that we are closely monitoring the situation and working with the government and NHS.
For guidance on coronavirus and the latest information for Devon, visit Devon County Council’s coronavirus (COVID-19) advice pages.
- Whose responsibility is it to get a child to school?
- Will my child get free school transport?
- How do I check if my child is eligible to apply for free school transport?
- How are distances measured?
- What if my child lives at two addresses?
- Code of conduct
- Moving house
- Transport to faith schools
- Route safety
How are distances measured?
Walking distances are measured using the shortest available walking route. This may include roads, recognised footpaths and bridleways. The measurement is made between the nearest entrance to your house (for example a front gate) and the nearest entrance to the school grounds. Private driveways to homes and within schools are not included in the measurement. Distances are measured using an electronic geographic information system (GIS).