- Whose responsibility is it to get a child to school?
- Will my child get free school transport?
- How do I check if my child is eligible to apply for free school transport?
- How are distances measured?
- What if my child lives at two addresses?
- Code of conduct
- Moving house
- Transport to faith schools
- Route safety
How do I check if my child is eligible to apply for free school transport?
If you apply for a place at the school designated to serve your home address and you live more than two miles away by the shortest walking route, your child will be entitled to free transport. You can check which is the designated school to serve your home address by calling 0345 155 1019 or via the website.
Your child will also be entitled to free transport to the school nearest to your home, provided it is still over two miles from your home by the shortest walking route. This is usually the designated school, but not always. Transport is provided only at normal school times at the beginning and end of the day. Transport is not provided for nursery schools, taster or induction days.