Skip to content

Devon County Council services and support

DiAS (Devon Information, Advice and Support)

DiAS (Devon Information, Advice and Support) provides an impartial, confidential and free service for parents, children and young people.

They can help you to understand more about the SEND support that is available and ensure that your views about the support you receive are listened to.

Parent carers can contact DiAS to discuss the support your child is receiving at school.

Young people can contact DiAS directly for information and support from a CYP worker.

The Family Information Service is a source of information for parents and carers of all. children in Devon. It includes registered childcare and other services and support for all children, young people and parents (not just those with SEND).

You can search for childcare or early years provision in your area.

We also provide a service to help families who are struggling to find suitable childcare.

Education, Health and Care plans (EHC plans)

Devon’s SEND Statutory Team carry out EHC needs assessments and maintain and review EHC plans.

Call us to speak to a customer service adviser who will be able to assist you or will pass information quickly to the right people in the SEND Statutory Team.

Phone lines are open Monday to Friday, 9 am to 5 pm.

School transport

If you are unable to make arrangements for school transport, or if you have any questions, please speak to a member of the Transport Team.

Thinking about making a referral to the Disabled Children’s Service or want to discuss a current plan?

Please contact our Pre-referral and Assessment Consultation (PAC) Line on 01392 385276. Select option 1 for new enquiries or option 2 for existing plans provided by Support and Advice.

The Disability Network

If you need some help registering or just want some more information about the Disability Network please get in touch.

Preparing for adult life

Preparing for adulthood is what we call the period where you move from being a child to an adult, which can start from year 9.

Our Transitions Adult Social Care Team (TASC) (previously know as the Preparing for Adulthood Team) are here to support young people as they become young adults.

Adult Social Care

Contact Adult Social Care for information, advice and support about the adult social care system in Devon for young people aged 18+ and their families.

Financial advice and support

Citizen’s Advice Devon is made up of seven local Citizens Advice charities in Devon.

They  provide free, confidential and impartial advice to help people find a way forward, whatever problems they face.

Quids for Kids

The Quid for Kids project is a Citizens Advice Devon project, funded by Devon County Council. It can help you by assessing whether you are able to claim benefits as well as helping you challenge benefit decisions if you think you have not been treated fairly.

The service is available in the Devon County Council areas of East Devon, Exeter, Mid Devon, North Devon, South Hams, Teignbridge, Torridge and West Devon.

Other sources of support


Advocacy is when someone independent, called an advocate, supports you to get help and advice, or to make sure that you are being listened to about what you want and need.

Find out more about what an advocate does, and who can help.

Parent Carer Forum Devon

The Parent Carer Forum Devon (PCFD) is an independent group of parents and carers of children with Special Educational Needs and Disabilities (SEND).

The Forum works in partnership with Devon County Council, the NHS and other professionals to make sure that services in Devon are accessible and meet the needs of children and their families.

Local Offers from our neighbouring authorities

Links to the Local Offer website of our neighbouring local authorities for anyone not in the area covered by Devon County Council.

National guidance and support

Find out more about SEND guidance and legislation, and national organisations that offer SEND advice and support.