We want families to know what support is available to help them and how they can access it when they need it. These pages provide information about the support and activities that are available to you and your family in Devon.
- Social care support – how to access support and advice from the Disabled Children’s Service.
- Short breaks for respite offer a chance for children and young people with SEND to make friends and gain self-confidence. They also offer parents and family members a break from caring responsibilities.
- Support groups and networks – there are lots of different support groups in Devon which offer varied support including online and community groups, parent forums and information and advice services.
- Childcare and wraparound care – find out more about how to find suitable childcare in your area.
- Finding activities for your family – find out how you can search for suitable activities for your family in Devon.
- Parent Carers Needs Assessment – getting an assessment of your support needs.
Public Health Nursing
Devon County Council provides health visiting and school nursing services for children, young people and families across Devon. Find out more about the support and advice the Public Health Nursing Service can offer.
Support from Children and Family Health Devon
Children and Family Health Devon provides health services for children, young people and families across Devon.
Take a look at their directory of services to find out exactly what support and advice they can offer.
Support from the Devon Children and Families Partnership (DCFP)
The DCFP aims to make sure that children and families get the right support, in the right place at the right time. The DCFP website provides information about early help and life chances as children grow up as well as keeping children safe and health and wellbeing.