Pinbrook Road Recycling Centre
- Opening times and general information
- Acceptable materials
- Restricted and non-acceptable materials
- Chargeable waste
- Site health and safety
- Site user and vehicle restrictions
- Opening times and general informationAcceptable materials
Please see COVID-19 guidance for further information on restrictions are currently in force at the Recycling Centre.
In order to access this Recycling Centre in a van, you will need to book a time slot. Please view site user & vehicle restrictions for further information.
Summer (Apr to Sep) Winter (Oct to Mar) Monday to Friday 9:00am to 5:00pm 9:00am to 4:30pm Saturday and Sunday 10:00am to 6:00pm 10:00am to 4:30pm
Pinbrook Road Recycling Centre
0345 155 1010
Open all year round (except Christmas Day, Boxing Day and New Year’s Day)
In the event of extreme weather conditions the recycling centres may be forced to close at short notice, due to potential health and safety risks to site users. We will endeavour to update this webpage and the webpage of the closed recycling centre(s) when required but this may not always be possible. We would advise potential site users to avoid unnecessary travel during severe weather.
Coming from Exeter (Pinhoe Road), at the traffic lights by Sainsburys turn left onto Exhibition Way. Pinbrook Road is the second right. The Recycling Centre is signed from Pinhoe Road.
Waste loading/skip changes may result in this site (or part of the site) being closed for short periods throughout the day. For your own safety, please remain in your vehicle and keep your waste on board until the loading/skip exchange is completed. We apologise for any inconvenience caused.
Site staff will aim to provide assistance when reasonable; however, they are unable to lift excessively heavy and/or awkward loads. For example, if a bulky/heavy item required 2 or more persons to initially load the vehicle then it will be expected that the same amount of people arrive to help unload the vehicle once on site.
Please note that resale shop transactions over £10 must be made by card. This does not apply to chargeable waste payments.Restricted and non-acceptable materials
Please ensure that your waste is separated before arriving at the site.
- Aluminium and steel cans.
- Batteries – Household and car batteries (excluding electric vehicle batteries). Alternatively, car batteries can be taken to a scrap metal merchant who may pay you for your battery.
- Bulky/rigid plastics.
- Cardboard/Greeting Cards (must be non-glittery).
- Clean mixed plastic packaging, for example, food trays and yoghurt pots (must be washed). Black plastic food trays and cling film type packaging are not acceptable.
- Directories/Yellow Pages.
- Flat glass.
- Fluorescent tubes: up to 5 in any 6 month period.
- Foil/Aluminium packaging (clean aluminium foil/packaging only).
- Fridges/freezers (commercial fridges/freezers/air conditioning units are not accepted as well as units from caravans/motorhomes/boats).
- Garden/green waste (branches up to 250mm or 10 inches in diameter are accepted).
- Glass bottles and jars.
- Large electrical appliances, for example, cookers, microwaves, washing machines.
- Light bulbs (recycled with fluorescent tubes).
- Metal (including empty aerosol cans).
- Paper, newspapers and magazines (shredded paper must go in the paper bank. Wrapping paper or any paper containing glitter must not go in the paper bank).
- Petrol powered lawn mowers and strimmers (must be emptied of fuel).
- Plastic bottles.
- Printer cartridges.
- Small domestic appliances, for example, toasters, lawn mowers, hairdryers, computers, laptops etc (Please ensure all personal data is deleted).
- TVs/computer monitors.
- Vegetable oil.
Restricted and non-acceptable materials
- Ash (must be cooled and well damped down).
- DIY waste: 0.5 tonnes in a 6 month period (limit excludes chargeable waste)
- Fluorescent tubes: 5 in a 6 month period.
- Gas bottles.
- Hazardous waste, including items such as household chemicals (eg pesticides, white spirit, bleach, oil-based paint, mercury thermometers), DIY engine oils, solvents are accepted in restricted quantities: 5 litres in a 12 month period.
- NHS equipment.
- Night storage heaters – only acceptable at recycling centres which accept asbestos, the unit must be double wrapped in tough plastic and sealed. Sites will only accept full appliances.
- Noxious weeds.
Site health and safety
- Business and commercial waste. Trade green waste and cardboard is acceptable at this site for a charge by arrangement only. Find out more about the trade recycling scheme here.
- Commercial fridges/freezers/air conditioning units are not accepted as well as units from caravans/motorhomes/boats.
- Dead pets, pet faeces and soiled litter/bedding material. Your local vet will be able to help you with the cremation of dead pets. You may wish to consider a home composting facility for pet faeces or soiled bedding.
- Electric vehicle batteries.
- Excess dustbin/black bag waste – Please contact your local district, city or borough council in the first instance.
- Fireworks (used/unused) – contact the manufacturer for disposal advice.
- Flares, explosives and ammunition – please contact your local coastguard (flares)/police station (explosives/ammunition) for disposal advice.
- Fly-tipped waste
- Ground/Air source heat pumps.
- Oil tanks/Heating oil tanks – please see a list of alternative service providers.
- Sanitary wastes (nappies, sanitary towels).
- Sewage/contents of drains.
- Sharps/clinical items: please contact your local district, city or borough council.
- Vehicles, vehicle parts, boats, caravans, trailers (fridges/freezers from caravans/motorhomes/boats are not accepted).
Further information about chargeable waste.Site user and vehicle restrictions
Site health and safety
Further information about site health and safety
Site user and vehicle restrictions
Further information about site user and vehicle restrictions.