Household collections

Your local district, city or borough council is responsible for collecting household rubbish and recycling.

You can find details of bin collection days, how to report missed bin collections and how to request a new bin or box on the websites below:

Bulky items

The authorities listed above also provide a chargeable bulky waste collection service for items that are too large to be disposed of with your normal household waste. More information about what can be collected and how much the service will cost can be found on their websites.

Alternatively, bulky household items can be taken to your nearest recycling centre. If they are in reusable condition they will be put into the reuse shop for resale.

The reuse it section on Recycle Devon also lists initiatives near you that will reuse and repair unwanted items.

Electrical retailer AO, can collect large electrical items from your household.

Clinical waste

Waste containing human or animal tissue, blood or other bodily fluids or excretions, drugs or other pharmaceutical products, swabs, dressings and syringes may all be classified as clinical waste. Contact your local council listed above to arrange collection of these items.